Friday, September 14, 2007

The Town's Totally Dead

The Toronto International Film Festival and Rosh Hashanah have teamed up like the Wonder Twins to kill H'wood. I'm at work -- OF COURSE -- but I'm like the last guy watching the radar at Ice Station Zebra.

But nothing goes to waste. I'm frequently way behind in my script reading. Now's a good time to catch up. I'm banging from one screenplay and novel to the next.

I got a set of really good notes on DESERT RUN from the director and financer. Very thoughtful, very cogent. I agreed whole-heartedly with everything they brought up. I'll hit those this weekend. The basic gist: more character. Fine by me.

It's sounding like we're rounding the bend on IMPLANT. Now it's time to start developing the next projects down the road. Likely won't be ISLAND RUN at this stage... I beat my head against the wall on it, nothing jumped out at me. We'll try other stuff, and I'll leave IR to my subconscious to work out in the meanwhile.

Okay, back to readin'...

No comments: