Monday, July 21, 2008

Gotta Do a Bit of a Take-Back...

...on Urban Justice. After doing some writing last night, I was gonna just throw the disc in the Netflix envelope and go on with my life when I thought, "What the hell? Why not watch the end?" And I ended up liking act three.

The cheap 'n' grungy nature of the movie suddenly became a plus... the action scenes have a gritty realism to them, because there's so little artifice. The movie kinda turns into a "CIA hitman vs. the hood" fight, with Seagal mowing down gangbangers. He has a cool machine gun with a see-through clip so you can just glance down and see how many bullets are left. (Why aren't they all like that?) He has a couple of fun badass lines, and he kicks this one dude in the nuts like ten times. Once is usually enough, but I guess if you're fucking with Seagal you'd better be prepared for him to put a zero on that number and kick your nuts until he gets tired.

No comments: