Friday, July 11, 2008

The Coolest Video Game Ever

I got some solid writing in last night, kicked back and played some Mass Effect. It's your standard go-around-and-perform-missions kinda game, but this one's in space... in the future.

Lotsa fun. My dude has an assault rifle that shoots bullets full of radioactive waste. I hoped my victims would melt like Emil in RoboCop, but they just turn green and die. That's okay. The only good mutant robot is a dead mutant robot. And I have an alien and a psychic chick who tag around behind me and help fuck shit up. Good times.

But while I was playing, it occurred to me that this is not the most awesome game ever. In fact, the most awesome game ever doesn't exist -- YET.

Do you know what the most awesome game ever is/would be?

Fuckin' Heavy Metal, homes.

Imagine... the Den levels. The WWII bomber levels. Playing the sword chick and flying around on that bird. Hanover Fist. The taxi guy with a laser that shoots out the back, fighting off drones. Getting bonuses for finding niborg.

I would willingly drop $60 and 20 hours to put a boot in the Loc-Nar's ass.

AW, GIMME A BREAK!!!

No comments: