Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm a Shitty Blogger

I haven't posted as much as I'd like because I've been busy as H-E-double-hockey-sticks. At the day job, I'm juggling several scripts out to the town right now. Writing-wise, IMPLANT is still alive at a couple of studios, and I've been busting my ass to wrap up the rewrite of DEMON so it's ready to follow on IMPLANT's heels.

And I'm trying to finish Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion before GTA IV comes out. It ain't easy... Oblivion is a monster huge game. Don't get me wrong, it's a blast. I have a lizard man tricked out in demon armor, who carries a sword which inflicts cold damage at night and fire damage by day. And he's got poison and an evil bow and can summon ghosts. All of which is pretty sweet biz for my inner D&D nerd.

But since I spend the majority of my limited time at home either sleeping or writing (in case you haven't noticed), I don't have the hours to burn on games. For a long time I did. Then I came out to Hollywood, and those days are gone.

And I've been trying to get some movies in. Every night, I come home and a stack of unwatched Netflix give me a reproachful look. Gaaaahhh... the eternal irony of my life is I spend so much time producing and writing movies that I gotta fight to find the time to see the fuckin' things.

Also: the Townsend told me about the cougar the cops shot in Chicago. Whaddaya know? It was haunting Roscoe Village, which is where the Village Tap resides. Knowing my luck, I'd visit the home town, swing into the Tap for a brew, and get pounced on by a fucking mountain lion.

Speaking of cougars, I attended a swanky-swank party this past Friday. It was the kinda thing where it's held at a mansion in the Hills, awesome view overlooking the city, a pro chef making hor d'oeurves, vineyards with little booths handing out free wine, etc. I was there 'cause the guy I cast as one of the leads in HITTING THE BRICKS was singing at the party. I mentioned that to the woman who invited me, and the words "casting" and "singer" pinged out across the room. Seconds later, I got pounced on by every middle-aged woman who imagined herself as a torch singer in the making, a very common breed of cougar in LA and New York.

I pried their claws out of my shirt, got drunk on red wine and split. Good times.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lemme guess... you're lizard man named "Varanus"?

Mike Kuciak said...

Sho 'nuff.

Besides not having much time to play, I also don't have the time to come up with anything original.

Brian "B-Boy" Thomas said...

i had a magician named cromley and a thief named dingle berry

Mike Kuciak said...

I was thinking about playing around with a thief-type guy, but I'm impatient and I suck at sneaking.

Y'know what else I suck at? Posting on blogger as mike kuciak instead of fucking HKlvr!!!

Jane Tara said...

"I got pounced on by every middle-aged woman who imagined herself as a torch singer in the making"

So funny. I can just imagine you breaking free from the cougars and escaping home to Oblivion. At what age are women considered middle-aged in LA? 25?

Mike Kuciak said...

Actually, I went home and watched Mad Max.

Brian "B-Boy" Thomas said...

what the hell kinda a name is hklvr anyway.. that some kinda moon speak name you got from some indians? :P

Mike Kuciak said...

I started that Dear Hello Kitty blog the other day. It asked me for a sign-in name, so I picked something in character. And now it's fucking haunting me here, too. I thought it was gonna be HKLvr!!! over there, and basic mikekuciak over her. I've tried signing in with the "use a different account," but it's not working.

Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

You can try turning in your "man card" until such time that your infatuation with a cartoon cat has passed.

And wtf... choosing Mad Max over some desperate housewives? Gimme that card.

Unknown said...

"guy you cast," eh? You needs to hook a brotha up, snooches!

Gotta love the cougars!

Mike Kuciak said...

Dude, you're wasting your time in ATL. Get your ass out to LA where people are putting in work.

Anonymous said...

I am a crap blogger too. Ugh. So crappy I had to put a blog on MySpace clarifying that my page wasn't dead.

I keep intending to start a game blog , since I always have these cool revelations about DM technique and style -- really good ones -- but alas, I never get to it.

Maybe someday.

Oh... and by the way, there was another cougar spotted out in the suburbs. They're prowlin'.

-The Townshend