Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year

I've been working on a novel. I'm about 20,000 words in.

On New Year's Eve, I wrote until 10:30. I went down the street to a friend's party, saw the New Year come in, went home and wrote some more.

If that strikes you as boring, lemme tell ya... I'm way more fucking excited about finishing a novel than drinking to excess yet again. Any adult can drink. Not a lot of people write novels.

The goal is to have a 100,000-word first draft by end of summer.

'08 is gonna rock.

2 comments:

Brian "B-Boy" Thomas said...

i was sick. Snowed like crazy that day and my dad and sue watched luke while we went to see sweeney todd. good musical... no im not being gay i actuly really liked it.. was a twisted musical and lots of blood lol.

anyway we got home about 9:30 and they left put kid ot bed and wife went to sleep.. i stayed up till 3am playing the simpsons game. didnt do shit to bring in the new year other than beat the simpsons game.

Mike Kuciak said...

I hear ya, man... I'm not exactly Mr. Broadway, but Sweeney looks pretty rad.

I likely won't get to see it on the big screen. There's too much good shit out there right now, and I only have x movie time. I'll probably catch There Will Be Blood this weekend.