Friday, January 11, 2008

Conan!

According to this article in Variety, Nu Image/Millennium made a deal for Lionsgate to distribute their forthcoming Conan the Barbarian.

I am almost overcome with a strange intermingling of intense joy, and trepidation. I pray to the Gods of Hollywood: "Please don't suck... please don't suck... please don't suck..."

There's a ton of Conan stuff out there right now, in a way that we haven't seen in a long time -- the re-issues of Howard's original stories, the games, the excellent graphic novels.

I'm strong in the belief that Robert E. Howard was one of the best writers of anything, ever. I'm a huge fan of all of his shit, especially the Conan stories. Writing-wise, Howard's a big piece of my core hardwiring.

Thus, I'm happy about the movie, but there is such a thing as Conan the Destroyer.

Damn. Bring on the Conan!

1 comment:

Brian "B-Boy" Thomas said...

no Basil Poledouris for the soundtrack.. who the frack is goin to be conan. its ends up being kevin sorbo i'll start a riot!

im kinda hopin its a unknown. we shall see.