Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE (Part One)

The power went out in our office on Friday. Phone was out, too. That's because I live and work in LA, a city which can survive earthquakes and forest fires, but falls apart when it rains.

I read all of the scripts we had in hardcopy. When I ran out of those, I decided to get pro-active and clean out my office.

When I started Query of the Day, I mentioned that I used to keep a folder with all of my favorite queries. I lost it a while back. But I ran across something on a filing cabinet... and my heart began to beat. Could it be? Did I find it?!

No. I found a single letter from the Query File, but not the whole thing. Be that as it may, I distinctly remembered this one as the Nicole Kidman Letter, aka "I BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE."

I've decided to share this letter. Over my lunch break, I started transcribing the letter into Word. I didn't even get close to finishing. This motherfucker's loooooooong. Thus, I'll post it in sections, as time allows.

I transcribed it as accurately as possible. Any typos or caps are straight from the letter. Also, the, over, use, of, commas.

I'm putting this up for a couple of reasons: a) it's funny; b) it's a perfect example of the crazy bullshit everyone in the industry gets. If you wonder why studios have walls and guards, THIS is why.

The original is marked "23 Dec 2004" in the upper right-hand corner. Like all truly great queries, it's handwritten.

Without further ado...


I BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE.*

How could a simple girl, on the other side of the world, reach a Movie Star, to tell him of some strange things. This is my problem. I wonder can [I] help me to sort this out?

It began in 1990, over 14 years ago, while working in a record store, in Sydney, that I came across a CD. It was movie/soundtrack of the “Days of Thunder” film with Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise on it. I remarked in very vivid expression, “SHE TRAPPED HIM,” and then I said wearily “IN 10 YEARS SHE’S GONNA LOSE HIM.” It was a strong and prophetic statement, I would not know, or understand until much later in my life.

As a young girl, I’d watched Nicole Kidman acting on Television, and said to my mother, in the tone of a young girl about 9 yrs of age “she’s my sister, isn’t she so pretty.” I obviously thought so, and I recall that definite image, of Nicole, in my maturity as somebody “I just knew.” I watched her career as many other Australians had, with interest, as she further became part of the culture of “Aussie” and headed an interesting group of talented performers. I always commented “how much I really liked her, and her pretty looks.” She seemed so nice and sweet, and decent.

Meanwhile, in Junior high school, my older sister discovered “The Tom Cruise phenomenon and just said “He has a huge nose, I don’t know what people see in him, he’s so ugly.” I just stared into the movie poster. Nothing. Just a feeling of knowing. No comment or Conversation, I just saw “crystal in my eyes” and I felt so close to touching his skin. He came alive in that moment, with my sister in the background, trying to convince me he wasn’t real.

Something connected me, it was a part of something so deep, and Eternal, that nothing or no-one could understand, except the knower. That image haunts me now, as my sister, the “real one,” still to this day, despises Tom Cruise and doesn’t hesitate to mention it, to hurt me. It’s unreal.

Over the years, as I grew with my life, I never consciously thought of Tom Cruise or his poster, except occasionally, I would see Tom and Nicole in pictures and get a horrible feeling in my stomach. I never gave up though on my initial reaction of their sudden marriage, as “fake” or even a “trap.” These feelings stayed with me constantly through those 10 years of fairytale love. The Paparazzi commented many times of their marriage “Being a SHAM” with Tom, suing and going to court to protect the decency of his wife.
Voltaire wrote “the word ‘chance’ is devoid of meaning”
Thoreau wrote “there is no such thing as co-incidence, everything
Springs from the Deepest Source of Destiny”

Was it my Destiny to know the Secret, the underlying truth? I wonder about power, and its illustrious effect on people’s minds, and ego’s. I’ve read somewhere HITLER Hypnotised an entire nation of fearful slaves through Witchcraft and sorcery? How did he manage to do this? What is WITCHCRAFT and sorcery?
“DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING”?
WHAT IS TRUTH? WHAT IS REAL? HOW DO I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE?
SMELL A RAT, SO TO SPEAK. WHAT IS REAL?
A SPIDER. A FAKE. AN OPRAH WINFREY.
OR MONEY? WHICH ONE?
A FAKE.
A SHAM. Words written so forcibly, unwritten ones over my heart. Why? Did I know, Nicole used a form of “Black Hypnotism” to gain success in Hollywood? I DID KNOW. SHE USED TOM. I STILL KNOW, and I will know to the day I die. This is for Tom. The Answer is in those forceful eyes. They’re mean and unnatural.

One night back in 1994, I had a dream, I was being taken to an exclusive PENTHOUSE in Sydney. I was looking through the windows and saw Tom Cruise lying flat on a stone, coffin. He was thoroughly reading a script. My Younger sister and I, seemed to sneak up some stairs, we were hiding at the top of the stairs. We see Nicole Kidman in a flowery dress, rehearsing some sort of spell, she was repeating and drawing all her attention, focus on Tom Cruise. My sister and I know, we have caught her “ in the Act’, in the dream, when she spots us and tells us to get out. We run quickly down the stairs. I wake up. I said to myself “I knew she put a spell on Tom! This was cataclysmic. How? Did she knowingly, convince, then, trap him? Through a power not unknown to MAN throughout history, the power of “Evil” over “Good.” There are signs and obvious occurrences of it everywhere! Cruelty, unkindness, viscious attacks on other humans, wars, Anger, violence, Hate + Revenge. Everywhere, people, take advantage of others, everywhere on the other side, there is also good. Depends which side your on, and what motivates you! Power. Or love. Power can do much evil. Love can do much good. Power on its own is insidious to the mind and the person and can lead us to the path of darker powers, or truth in mythological ways.

Is it true, myth? Archetypes? Dreams? Carl Jung? Psychology? Can it free us, liberate us, or are they just words, empty stories, false images represented? What is it?

If myth is partially true in our psyches + minds then it is true, the Hero, acts upon us, inside us and ultimately creates those circumstances that lead us, to real life experiences! Or is the myth a witch, a shaman, a trickster also competing with the split cerebral part of the psyche to gain control, over our lives. Which way do we go, which path, the dark psyche or the light?

Some people choose the Dark. That’s why I am here, to clarify this Dark side of myth. Which is Responsibility. Its time Miss Kidman, realized, somebody out there is, capable and, will, in time, break the spell, through Higher powers, she held on Tom for many years! Possibly even lifetimes, if you believe in myth, you believe in Re-incarnation, just as you do in the 5 fingers of your hand. Two, two go hand in hand. You just know who you are. Not what you pretend to be.

3 comments:

Brian "B-Boy" Thomas said...

wow, this chick, is crazier, than a bucktooth, horse, wow!

Mike Kuciak said...

Oh, it gets better.

Another anomoly: despite the grammar, her handwriting is very neat and easy to read. A lot of the handwritten queries are very... shaky.

Adria Lang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.