Thursday, November 1, 2007

On Set

Yesterday was a 24-hour shoot day.

We got there at dawn of Halloween, and worked through to the dawn of the new day.

It was a lot of frantic mayhem on my end for the first 13 hours or so. Movies are born of chaos; they don't want to be made. But it's that same energy that makes them powerful. So all you can do is fight the inevitable chaos and hope you come within the 90th percentile.

I'm in the office today, catching up on the work I haven't been able to swing while in production. Back on set this weekend.

So far, so mostly-good...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

???? Did I miss something? What are you shooting?

Mike Kuciak said...

Hitting the Bricks. It's an indie thriller we put together at the day job. Not one of mine, in the sense I didn't write it. But I've been putting in 12-13 hour days on it for most of the month, making the casting happen... so I've got a blood and sweat stake in it, to that degree.

Anonymous said...

Rock On! Grats man!