Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Calling all G.I. Joe Geeks -- The Baroness Has Been Cast!


According to this article in Variety, Sienna Miller has been cast as The Baroness.

Variety actually says the character is "a raven-haired baroness." They don't use the character's specific name. But c'mon... this ain't Shipwreck we're talking about here.

I had a ton of G.I. Joe shit when I was a kid. Some kids had He-Man, some kids had Star Wars. I had G.I. Joe and Transformers. I watched the series every day after school. I collected the comics. One of my earliest Christmas memories is getting the first Grunt and VAMP from my parents.

Even though she was a villain, Baroness captured my young heart.

Skin-tight black leather outfit. Jet black hair. Red lips. Glasses. Sexy Eastern European accents. The chick carried guns and knew how to use them!

The Baroness is the ideal by which I judge all other women. So, here's an open message to Sienna Miller: please don't play her like a vampy cartoon. This ain't Natasha and Boris. This is the Baroness, most ass-kicking of all femme fatales. Bring your A game to this one, sister!

No comments: