Thursday, October 11, 2007

Screamfest

I'm going to Screamfest tomorrow night. Two reasons:

1) DIARY OF THE DEAD is playing. I have tickets pre-ordered. Punk rock.

2) My script HOUSE OF DOORS is a semi-finalist. Out of 25 scripts, they'll pick five as finalists.

I'm feeling good about HOD. I recently did a couple of rewrites for a financer. The gig didn't pan out, but I think the script's a lot tighter from the development work.

After the lack of love I got for PAR FOR COURSE (only a quarterfinalist in the Nicholl and Slamdance), it'd be sweet to get another contender in there swingin'.

Meanwhile, it's just a lot of handwringing over all of this strike bullshit...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit. Good luck with HOD.

Mike Kuciak said...

Thanks man... I've come to find that the contests are so subjective as to be pretty random, one of the reasons I stopped submitting for a couple of years. (That and I thought RUN was imminent at the time).

But, I dunno, I like the competitive aspect of it.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on HOD.
I hope it gets picked.

-Steve Townshend

Brian "B-Boy" Thomas said...

you suck for seeing diary before me. I hope HOD got picked. been a few days since this post.. my 12 hour work days i dont get to check much on my emails lol.