Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rejoice, For I Am Now a Mac Guy

I've been in business for myself for seven weeks. I've spent that majority of that time fucking with my beater of a laptop. Every time it went into the shop, it cost me days of productivity. Perfect timing.

Open letter to Gateway:

"Dear Gateway,

Fuck you.

Sincerely Yours,

Michael T. Kuciak"

At last, it completely crapped out on me. By this time, I was not only burned out on Gateway, I was done with PC as a whole, forever. I went to the Apple store and got a MacBook.

Except for working on Macs in various writing gigs and internships, I've been a PC guy my whole life. It takes some getting used to, but I can say right off... I love it. And it's refreshing to finally have a machine that actually, like, does stuff. And works.

I'm a simple guy. I don't ask for much. For example, with a laptop I don't need it to write my scripts for me, render high-end CGI or give me a shiatsu massage in the morning. I just need it to do stuff like handle email and let me write. Not a tall order, huh? But those simple tasks were way beyond my former machine.

Baseline, I just need a computer that doesn't fuck with me.

Overjoyed at finally having a machine that operates and stuff, I've been putting in massive work days. Hard hat on, eye of the tiger alight, it's been early in the morning to late at night, with breaks only for gym and lunch. I put in nineteen hours on the machine yesterday. I slept late this morning (nine... for me, that's like waking up at noon). It wasn't like I'd been swinging a sledge hammer all day - which I've done. I guess my brain was tired. Too damn bad.

Let the rocking once again commence.

No comments: