Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Splitting for Arizona Tomorrow

...to hang with my family for Thanksgiving. I'll be gone through Sunday. But, thanks to the magic of laptop technology, and the fact that I'm now self-employed, my productivity will take only the slightest of hits.* It's gonna be a work week, with a brief pause to eat a bird.

Plus, I'm working on the third draft of EXTRADITION. As soon as that's done, I've promised to turn around and work on DESERT RUN. But I've got a horror spec kicking around in my head... I might take a quick detour to crank it out so it'll stop bugging me, something I do every once in a while to keep screenwriting from turning into work. I'll give myself a week... if it's not done in seven days, it gets saved until DESERT RUN is done.

So feel free to break into the lair while I'm gone, though there won't be much to steal... I've spent the last month getting rid of almost everything I own. I'm once again down to the bare essentials. I've found that I feel like my life is figuratively less cluttered when I get rid of the literal clutter. The less I'm lugging around, the happier I am.

On my birthday, I caught a screening of UP IN THE AIR. Clooney's character does these speaking engagements in which he asks people to imagine putting everything they own into a backpack, and think about how heavy it is. Now... the point of that is to show he's a guy who doesn't like attachments - he continues the analogy into relationships. I wouldn't go that far, but when it comes to stuff, I 100% agree.

And I'd like to thank everyone who sent me birthday wishes, and helped me celebrate on either the actual day or this past weekend. I have a feeling this next year is gonna be a big'un...

By the way, LEFT 4 DEAD 2 is awesome.

* Unless my laptop craps out yet again.

No comments: