Friday, March 7, 2008

Satanic Hell Metal

I'm working on a spec right now called DEMON.

It's about a demon. I know, clever.

Anyway... just for fun, I put in a running bit of business so, every time our demon turns on the radio or listens to music, it's a metal song about hell or Satan.

So far I've got:

Iron Maiden "The Number of the Beast"
Slayer "Hell Awaits"
Deicide "Sacrificial Suicide"
I could've picked almost any Deicide song, but I think this one's pretty catchy.
Suicidal Tendencies "You'll be Sorry"
Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil"
AC/DC "Hell's Bells"
I'm much more of a Bon Scott-era guy, but "Highway to Hell" is so overplayed I'm sick of it. And "Hells Bells" is one of my favorite Brian Johnson-era songs.

Anyway... I need more.

This is exactly one of those things where you think you'd be able to just rock it out of the park, but the moment comes and its... uh... what's that one song that's like... um...

And I realize the above are weighted more towards '80s metal. I wanna mix it up with newer tracks. But I also wanna see if I can't use tracks that are at least halfway recognizable to a lot of people. Point being, I'm sure I could load it up with tunes from any given goth or death metal band, but outside of that core audience, who's gonna recognize them? I included Deicide because... shit, if you're gonna make a list of Satanic death metal, they have to be on there.

I know there are a lot more songs out there, and I'm just forgetting them.

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... let's see

AC/DC - Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell
Charlie Daniels - Devil Went Down to Georgia
Pat Benatar - Hell Is For Children
Judas Priest - A Touch Of Evil
Megadeth - Devils Island
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Rhino Bucket - Welcome To Hell
Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
Rob Zombie - I'm Your Boogie Man

That give you any ideas?

Anonymous said...

ooo... just thought of another

Twister Sister - Burn in Hell

Unknown said...

GWAR has a mySpace page. I suggest you go there and check out their songs. The have a really cool song where they challenge Satan to fight them in Hell.

Paraphrasing:

Mountains tall, canyons vast,
And huge plains of unshaven ass...

That's Hell.

Then they try to get Satan to open the gates of Hell by threatening to take a shit on them. Or something like that.

You should find what you're looking for by looking into GWAR. They are the only thing keeping me sane right now.

Woo. Hoo.

Mike Kuciak said...

You guys are the fucking BOMB! Thanks!

And yeah... exactly as predicted, every one of these suggestions made me smack myself on the forehead. How did I forget SABBATH, man?!