Monday, November 14, 2011

On Riding

Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of the motorcycle accident that put me on crutches and generally fucked up my life for the better chunk of a year... All while I dealt with losing my father, my uncle, and starting and running my own management/production company.

For a while, I thought I would take the day off or something, or at least not ride. But... you know what? Fuck that shit. I got up and rode again. So... while it banged me up for a while, it wasn't a permanent situation, and doesn't deserve some stupid holiday. Shit happened, I survived.

Besides, I had too much work to do to dream up reasons to handicap myself. I have a thriller coming together in a real way, and another on the horizon. There is a good chance 2012 will be a significant year.

It's always good to remember the lessons of the past, but at the same time the present and future will always be more interesting, and more important.

No comments: