Monday, January 11, 2010

Mr. Coffee

I got a new coffee maker from my parents for my birthday. Unfortunately, it's sat in its box the whole time since I got it about a month ago.

Until today.

I got back into town last week and, before I could go gallivanting around buying coffee, I had to nail down work-type stuff. Then on Sunday morning, I hit the Hollywood farmer's market and scored a bag of beans (the non-magical variety) from the coffee stand guys. I've been scoring cups of this coffee every weekend I go there to stock up on veggies, and I've fallen in love.

Point being, today I finally had it all: the machine, the beans, the will and the time to make this coffee happen. Long/short: it was a damn good cup o' joe. But I think it could be better if I used filtered water...

2 comments:

JabberWocky said...

I'm drinking coffee as I read this, oh, the irony.

Steve said...

Thanks for reminding me. I have to send you some coffee now that you're home.