Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Yet Bpet" is Thai for "Fuck a Duck"

In the course of retooling RUN for Bangkok, I've run across a few instances in which the characters use harsh language with each other in an angry tone of voice. (I know, you're shocked). But some of these characters are now Thai, and it stands to reason they will drop into their native language when they're emotional, i.e. if they're screaming obscenities out of rage or fear.

Thus, I found myself in need of some Thai swears. Thanks to the magic of google technology, I was able to track down www.youswear.com. It gave me a lot of fun things for these characters to say, including:

Yet Bpet - Fuck a duck

I-ha - Bastard

Mae Meung Ttai - Your mom is dead

Shia! - Dammit!

And my personal favorite...

Ai na son teen - Your face looks like my feet

The last one is a little long and descriptive to easily fit in, but I'll try...

No comments: