Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Mouse, the Motorcycle, Moving & Me

All quiet on the mouse front. Enough time had passed that I stopped making sure the soap went in my bathroom sink when I went to work or bed.

Yesterday, I jumped in the shower, picked up the soap and noticed the tiniest of nibbles had been taken from one corner. So even when these mice are seemingly gone... they're not gone. Not ever. It's like a chronic disease.

I've decided it's time to move. My rent keeps going up, but the lair remains the same. Moving to a similar place with lower rent seems like the best way to make some extra money magically appear. I've been busy as fuck lately, trying to scrape up a war chest. Moving is expensive as hell -- I had to move four times the first year I was out here, and it beat the shit out of my bank account. I'm hoping to bounce within the next couple of months, getting out before the rent goes up yet-a-fucking-gain.

In the meanwhile, my lust for a bigger motorcycle grows with every passing day. I love the Rebel and it's a perfect learner bike. But I've been on it for six months now, and I'm itching to ride something stronger. I want a bike I can ride out to Arizona without getting blown all over the road. And on the Rebel, I have to shift up through all five gears before I get to 30 mph. It's fine, I'm used to it, but with city driving it's a shiftastic shift-a-thon. A lot of times, I don't even bother to lane split, only because it's kind of a pain in the ass to quickly pull ahead of traffic.

And I'm just getting curious about other rides. I'd been thinking of graduating up to a Honda Shadow, which is basically the bigger version of the Rebel. On the other hand, I'd like to see what the big fuckin' deal is about Harleys. I like cruisers.

No comments: