Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hardly Any Sleep

Someone in my building decided to blast their TV until four in the morning.

And I mean blast -- full volume, all bars on the screen.

Everyone in my building went berserk. The situation escalated from "Could you please turn down your TV?" to "Turn off your TV!" to "SHUT THE FUCK UP, ASSHOLE!!!" Someone ran outside and banged on the guy's window. But whoever it was either chose to ignore the violence, or had cranked up the tube and passed out.

Then someone's car alarm went off at seven this morning. It was one of those fun situations in which everyone thinks it's someone else's car going insane, so it takes a long time for the right person to a) realize it's their car, b) get their ass outta bed and shut it off.

So today's coffee day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Full moon brings out all the lovelies.

Anonymous said...

Luckily, I just scored a fresh can of grind yesterday, so I've been able to survive the day...

Jane Tara said...

I haven't slept through the night for five years (Feral child). Some mornings I hook up an IV drip for my coffee.