Monday, September 22, 2008

The First Draft of the Novel is DONE

After ten months of work, I typed "The End" in Frankenstein's Monster last Saturday night.

Now I have to edit it, which'll take about two weeks. Then I'll hand it into the peeps, wait for their read, rewrite based on whatever notes they may have, turn that in, etc etc...

Naturally, I'd love to go to the buyers as soon as possible. But I also very much understand the need to go in with the best possible version of this story in hand. So... it would be cool to go out during the autumn season but, if it turns into a lengthy notes thing, I'm cool with early-09.

I don't wanna mitigate the first draft milestone, though, which is a big'un. At the very least, I'm sure the reps'll be pleased I'm back on screenwriting full time (when I'm not rewriting Frank, that is).

And it looks like we'll be getting a director on IMPLANT, which went out wide to the town earlier this year, came within a hair of selling and didn't, so now we're going the indie route. Fine by me -- whatever gets the picture made.

I'll talk more about the director as things firm up...

Good times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grats, man!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, dude. Now let's see if I can't get this thing set up...

Jane Tara said...

That's brilliant! Congrats... Must be massive astrological stuff going on because I finished mine as well... same day!

Anonymous said...

Great, next we'll find out R'lyeh has risen.

Steve said...

TWO WEEKS?!

Anonymous said...

Hell, yeah. It's a little work-intensive, but no more than if I were writing a script on a tight deadline. It's just a matter of having a clear goal in mind in terms of the final outcome, and not fucking around.