Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Back

Got back from AZ late yesterday. I came into the office super-early to get a jump on the mountain I knew was waiting for me. But the computers were down, and I spent two hours w/ the IT guy on the phone untangling it.

Thus, I'm back and ready to rock, but slammed as fuck until probably mid-week.

I didn't get nearly as much writing done while I was away, just the second draft of a treatment and a few pages of FRANK. That's gonna change, I'm into fucking overdrive on this novel.

Right before I left, I cracked out a quick horror spec, THE CASTLE. It's my take on an ALIEN-style monster/creeper military horror sub-genre thing. First draft took me 14 days, not quite beating my nine-day record on WHEN IT RAINS in 2002. But no big, I wasn't trying to set a land speed record... just wanted to get it out of my head and outta the way so I could re-focus on FRANK and the new script, working title DEAD RIGHT THERE.

No comments: