Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fuckin' SICK

It's pretty rare that I get sick so, when I do, I'm not used to it and the whole thing lays me out. When I do stuff like breathe and swallow, I make a sound a lot like that weird grunting the Kid made in Road Warrior. I'm at about 50% kung fu at the moment.

My typical weapons against a cold are orange juice, vitamins and sleep. Which means I've gotten very little writing done the past three days -- I roll into the lair, write a paragraph and hit the sack.

I'm hoping to kick this thing square in the ass so I can hit the words hard during the coming long weekend. If not, it's gonna be just a lotta sneezin' and z's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah suck it up, man. Get in there and WRITE!

j/k... take it easy.

Mike Kuciak said...

I know, I know... I'm only crying about it 'cause it's such an infrequent thing. I keep wondering why I feel like shit, and then I'm like, "Oh yeah, I'm sick."

Jane Tara said...

Oh no, sounds like a man cold!

Apple cider vinegar. Seriously, a miracle cure.