Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Beat BioShock

I know, you're thinking, "Didn't you just get that game about two weeks ago?"

Yes.

I've been putting in my usual work hours, putting in my usual level of writing time, getting in maybe a half hour or so of gaming before I crash out at night, maybe a couple of hours last Sunday. And I still beat BioShock in two weeks.

It's a short game. Awesome -- don't get me wrong -- but short. Maybe seven or eight levels, all told. I guess I got spoiled by titles like Oblivion and Resident Evil 4, these massive-massive-MASSIVE games.

I'll go back through and play it on hard. When that's done, I guess it'll be time to bite the bullet and get GTA IV like everyone else in the world.

2 comments:

Andrew Lavigne said...

You're getting slow. I'm shocked you haven't mentioned the Robocop remake/franchise revival that's apparently coming out in 2010. There's no other info than a promo poster out, though, so we don't even know if it'll be R or not.

I do think it could make an excellent remake, though, as they could just update the satire to today's society (we're still as greedy, corporation based, etc. as before, though there's no Regeanism to parody). From what I've heard, Verhoveon has expressed interest in doing it himself, so that could be pretty interesting if he not only did one but a whole trilogy.

Anonymous said...

I saw that and thought about throwing it up on the blog -- me being a huge RoboCop geek and all. But I didn't wanna act like it was anything official... the pic that's floating around online is (from what I gather) just a mock-up to help sell the foreign at Cannes. We have a bunch of stuff like that for THE UN-DEAD, for instance, and I'd hesitate to throw it up for fear anybody took it as an official book cover or movie poster or whatever.

That and, to be honest, I'm hoping if I pretend the RoboCop remake doesn't exist it'll just go away.

There's a short list of directors who would get me excited about a remake. Until one of those guys comes on board, I'll continue to regard the entire idea with deep-seated dread.