Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Old "Spider in the Laundry" Trick, Eh?

It's been so hot lately that I've already run through my entire stock of clean short-sleeved shirts. Rather than suffering through today in a long-sleeve, I got up early this morning to do some laundry.

As I was throwing clothes into the washing machine, a medium-sized spider bumbled out from deep in the laundry. I was not pleased by this. I had heard from other people that spiders like laundry, but this is the first time I had ever witnessed it.

The bad thing about having a spider in the laundry is... well, hell, spider in the laundry. Lucky I didn't go the lazy route and just dig something out to re-wear, huh? Gross AND creepy-crawly.

The good thing about having a spider in the laundry is I was able to wrap a shirt around my fist like an impromptu boxing glove and literally beat the shit out of the spider until it was dead. I have killed many spiders in many ways over the years, but until now I have never been in a situation in which it was feasible to end its life by serving up a banquet of knuckle sandwiches. The experience was just as magical as I ever hoped it would be. (Though if my landlord ever reviews the video from the basement security camera, he might wonder why I suddenly get into a fist fight with my clothes). Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People love spiders

Why do you think of the most popular superheroes in the world is Spider-man

But I can understand not wanting them in your clothes

Steve said...

It wasn't a black widow, was it? That would've even been scary for me.