Tuesday, December 18, 2007

McDonalds

Yesterday, totally out of nowhere, I got a hankerin' for McDonalds.

I thought I hadn't eaten at McDonalds in years. Then I remembered scoring some breakfast there when I helped Krister move. But it was such a hazy memory, and it wasn't the primary burger/lunchtime meal component which is the backbone of the franchise. So when lunchtime rolled around, I headed down the street to the one on Wilshire.

I ate a Big Mac and fries. I felt like complete shit the rest of the day. After work, I ran some holiday-themed errands and went home to write. I still felt like shit.

The moral of the story is: Morgan Spurlock wasn't lyin'.

It's not like I'll never eat at McDonalds again. I'm a fucking American, after all.

But it'll probably be after a long enough time that I've forgotten about how shitty I felt all day, and get another random hankerin'. Or help somebody move, either/or, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is all completely true. I have experienced precisely what you're speaking of.

-steve